* The title should give you a clue. If you are easily offended please go read a blog about Jesus or kittens or something. I am not exactly minding my manners here.*
I said in my last post that I like people. I want to help people and I want to have friends. Some aspects of my personality don't lend themselves to making friends. For example, if you are an uptight, uber-religious, judgemental, hypocritical and intolerant person I am going to offend you. If you make it known that you are the previously mentioned type of person, I just might offend you on purpose.
It appears though, that I may have inadvertently played a part in offending such a person. Which means two things:
1.) I am offensive to some people simply by existing.
2.) I am incapable of being unoffensive to people whose panties are in a perpetual wad. I lack social "grace" as they say.
I actually thought I was on my best behavior. Excuse me for being a liberal Athiest and not doing my best to hide it like a dirty secret. I mean, since you mentioned God giving parents special needs children I assumed that religion wasn't a restricted topic. By the way, not having everyone agree with you and praise Jesus with you isn't exactly the same as sacrificing a virgin to Satan in front of you. Just sayin'.
Nobody owes it to you to tip-toe around your rigid beliefs to make you feel comfortable. If want chaste conversation and hand holding, go to church and not a fucking bar! I've got enough stress in my life without having to worry about the stick up your ass. Trust me.
So, this is a disclaimer: I don't care what you believe, who you sleep with, or what your disability is. I am willing to get to know you. I am going to be me though, and that means I am going to be an opinionated, liberal-minded, impulsive, and outspoken Athiest I am not easily shocked or offended. If you find that you are of an opinion that counters mine that's fine. I'm a big girl. Feel free to express yourself, just allow me to do the same.
If you are unable to deal with reality as it exists outside of a Baptist church then I'm not your type.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment